Last updated: September 20, 2019
Policy describes our privacy practices for the TabX mobile application (the “App”), the TabX website and web applications (including user accounts and dashboards), and any other component of
the TabX’s online platform (collectively, the “Platform”). Except as specifically set forth herein, this Policy does not apply to information we collect and use outside of the Platform,
such as offline or by phone or email. This Policy also does not apply to the practices of third parties who may provide services or features on our Platform.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not download, register
with, or use the Platform.
The Platform is directed to individuals in the United States and we do not monitor the Platform for use or access by users from other countries. By downloading, registering with or using the Platform, you expressly
consent to the collection and use of personal information according to the terms and conditions of this Policy and to be bound by our Terms and Conditions of Use.
We collect information you provide directly through the Platform. We also collect information through automated means. Both mechanisms are described in more detail below.
Information You Provide
When you download, register with, or use the Platform, we may ask you to provide information, including, but not limited to:
Personal and Demographic Information. We ask for your name, phone number and email address when you contact us through our website. In order to use the App, after downloading it you must
complete a TabX account profile, which includes your name, phone number, email address, and payment information. You also must have your mobile device’s location access turned on in order for
the App to function properly.
- Transmitted Information. We collect correspondence and other information sent through the Platform.
- Transaction information. Because TabX enables payments of restaurant and bar tabs, you will be asked to provide credit card information to allow those payments to be processed. Once
entered into the App, that information is transmitted to third party payment processors where it is tokenized and encrypted. The encrypted token is transmitted by TabX to third party payment processors
when you close restaurant or bar tabs using the App. Each of these payment processors are Tier 1 PCI certified and compliant. TabX does not store or otherwise access your payment information.
We may maintain a record of purchases you make using the App.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you download, access, or use our Platform we automatically collect:
- Website Details. We collect information about the parts of our Platform you use or third party websites you visit when you leave our website. We work with third parties who collect
information about you when you use our App or website.
- App Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including location data, other communication data, and
the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. When you download our App, we collect information from your mobile device, such as your device ID.
- Other Technical Data. We may collect information about your IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Ride Sharing Platforms. We may collect data from ride sharing apps you access via the TabX App. we may also send notifications to you when you request a ride through a ride sharing platform.
Information Collection Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection include:
- A cookie is a small file placed on your computer or smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or smartphone. However, if you select
this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Platform. Our website does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
- Third Party Analytics. We use Google Analytics to collect and process certain information about you and your use of our Platform. We do not maintain or associate Google Analytics’
data with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. You may learn more about how Google uses the information it collects by visiting the website “How Google
uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” (located at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
about you when you use our Platform. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information about your online activities over time and across
different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they
may be used. If you have any questions about targeted content, you should contact the responsible party directly.
You can choose whether or not to share personal information. If you choose not to share, some parts of our Platform may be more difficult or impossible to use. Your browser may give you the ability
to reject cookies or turn off location-based capabilities. If you choose to disable these features, some parts of our Platform may be more difficult or impossible to use. If you do not want us
to collect information about you or your device, do not use the Platform and, if the App is installed, uninstall it from your device.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, for the following reasons:
- To provide the Platform and services. We use the information to provide you with the Platform, and any other information or services that you request from us.
- To allow bars and restaurants that are TabX partners to provide you with discounts, deals and similar marketing correspondence. You may opt out of the marketing features of the App.
- To respond to your requests or questions. For example, we may use your information to help you access your account if you forget your password.
- To help us improve our products and services. We may use information to customize and improve your experience. For example, we might look at usage trends to make sure our Platform
is easy to use.
- For security purposes. We may use information to protect our company, our customers, and our Platform.
- To provide updates. For example, we may send you email or push notifications about your account, or changes to our Platform or policies.
- For our legitimate business purposes. We will also use your information to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it. We may also use information you provide to carry out
our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection. We may combine information that we receive about you from
third parties with information we already have.
- As otherwise permitted by law.
Disclosure of Your Information
We disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify the user, without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide, in
the following ways:
- Our bar and restaurant partners. We integrate with the point of sale systems utilized by our restaurant and bar partners, and share information with them as needed to allow you to open and
close tabs with those establishments. Your purchase history using the App with a particular bar or restaurant will also be available to that establishment. In addition, unless you have opted out
of the marketing features, we may provide your information to those partners to allow them to provide marketing correspondence with you and to offer you deals and discounts.
- Service providers. We share information with contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing,
our Platform integrates with point of sale systems, relaying information to them as needed to enable opening and closing tabs and the related purchases. This information is communicated via secure
APIs, although we may disclose information by other methods as needed to address technological difficulties, to confirm transactions, or as otherwise needed to enable these point of sale systems to work
with the App. As mentioned above, we also provide your payment information to our payment processing partners via encrypted tokens, which they then use to complete and process transactions.
- Change in corporate ownership. We share information with a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer
of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information is among the assets transferred.
- To protect rights and safety. We share information if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
- For legal purposes. We share information to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- For any other purpose we disclose when you provide the information.
- Otherwise with your consent.
Third Party Links
We provide links to third party websites or applications that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with us on platforms that we do not control. These third party websites
or applications may collect or share information about you, but this Policy does not apply to the practices of those websites and applications. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings
on the websites and applications with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared when you leave our Platform.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Platform who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct
marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or by mail to TabX, LLC, 1926 3rd Avenue North, Suite 102, Birmingham, AL 35203.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to secure your personal information and protect it from accidental or unauthorized access, use, alteration, loss, or disclosure. However, no security system is foolproof.
We cannot guarantee the privacy of any information transmitted to us and cannot be responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in our Platform. We encourage
you to use caution when sharing information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this
information confidential. Choose secure passwords and do not share your password with other people.
We store your personal information for as long as needed: to conduct business with you; as needed for the purposes outlined in this Policy or at the time of collection; or as necessary to comply with legal obligations,
resolve disputes, and enforce any agreements.
Use of the Platform by Minors
Our Platform is not intended for minors, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this App or
website, or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can remove the child’s personal data.
Changes to This Policy
on the Platform.
Accessing, Correcting, or Deleting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging in and visiting your account profile page. You can request deletion of your data by contacting us.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at: email@example.com.